Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!
This week, we've been asked to put together a reading wishlist! I love stuff like this, it makes you use your imagination and it gives you a chance to tell people what kind of books that you'd actually like to read. Sure the books that are already out there are great and what not, but sometimes there are a few things that you'd like to see that aren't as mainstream as vampire novels. So here is my list with gifs!
1. A gal pal comedy. No not a dramady, but a full fledged comedy that is laugh out loud funny featuring two or three girls who take over the world with their amazingly funny antics.
2. A book featuring a unicorn as one of it's main characters. I don't know what this would look like, but I want it to happen.
3. More books about World War 2 that will make me weep buckets of tears. I'm not picky as to what they are about, but they better make me cry, dangit!
4. I want to know what happened to Penny Lane after she got on that plain to Morocco at the end of Almost Famous. Someone should write that and if they don't want to, I will!
5. Give me more girls pretending to be boys and getting in awkward situations. Think Mulan and She's the Man and other such things. It always makes for funny moments and people seemingly falling for the wrong person. I'd like to see a girl in an all boys boarding school or something.
6. More YA books set in the 1950s. I think it's an underused time era in YA lit. Give us Greasers and Audreys and kick ass classic cars!
7. Books about girls who travel the world by themselves. Basically, give me Monte Carlo in book form!
8. A Sleeping Beauty retelling where the princesses actually have a say in what happens and people don't keep her in the dark about the whole spindle thing. I mean come on, if they would have told her, she could have stood a chance.
9. Two words. Musical Theater. Where are all the books about musical theater?!
Well there's my list! What's on yours? I wanna know. Leave your link below or tell me in the comments!