Tuesday, June 3, 2014

[Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag This Summer]

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!
 
In my eyes the perfect beach reads are books that put a smile on your face. There is nothing worse then being out in the open with snot running down your face as you wipe at your tears. That fact is the reason that I've kept this list pretty darn light and fluffy. Okay, there is one murder mystery, but the cover has sand on it, so I thought it counted. Anyway here are some of my favorite, fun, funky beach reads!
 
Books That Take Place On The Beach 
(or feature the beach at some point)
 
"Dangerous Girls" by Abigail Haas!
"Dragonfly" by Leigh T. Moore!
"The Sound of Us" by Ashley Poston!
"Wish You Were Italian" by Kristin Rae!
"How My Summer Went Up In Flames" by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski!

Smile And Laugh Inducing Beach Reads
 

"Ask Again Later" by Liz Czukas!
"Gorgeous" by Paul Rudnick!
"The Art of Lainey" by Paula Stokes!
"Instructions for a Broken Heart" by Kim Culbertson!
"Past Perfect" by Leila Sales!

Well there's my list!  What's on yours?  I wanna know.  Leave your link below or tell me in the comments!

9 comments:

Nobody@The Story Goes said...

Good point! I can totally see why you wouldn't want to read something like Fault In Our stars in the middle of a crowded beach, can you say awkward? =)

Christina / Book Addict said...

Awesome list! I haven't read a few of these…Dragonfly looks like my kind of read, so I'll have to check that one out as well as Wish You Were Italian.

Unknown said...

I agree that beach reads are best when they are fun and funny. These all look like amazing contemporaries.

Katherine P said...

Yes I so agree! I have no interest in reading a book that has be sobbing at the beach! For one thing all the crying will wear the sunscreen off my face and I'll end up with a weird streaky burn! Great list! I've been wanting to read Wish You Were Italian, How My Summer Went Up in Flames and the Art of Lainey. I'll have to look up the others as well.

Nicole said...

Ask Again Later and The Art of Lainey! I must read these this Summer! Hell, let's add Wish You Were Italian to that list too since I know you enjoyed it!

Giselle said...

Omg I'd totally forgotten about Past Perfect! I have been meaning to read that one for SO LONG!! I just finished Dangerous Girls a couple weeks ago and I loved it! And Lainey is super cute and the perfect beach read! :)

Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale said...

Ask Again Later and How My Summer Went Up in Flames are great choices! They're so much fun! I really want to read Wish You Were Italian. I've seen a lot of good things about that one.

Spiced Latte said...

Past Perfect looks so cute! I'm totally adding it to my list

Great post and thanks for stopping by earlier

Unknown said...

Ooh, so many of these are on my TBR! Like Dangerous Girls and Ask Again Later and How My Summer Went Up in Flames! And yessss Lainey! Fully support that pick ;)