Wednesday, March 5, 2014

[Waiting On Wednesday: The Fall]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"The Fall"
Author: Bethany Griffin
Release Date: October 7th, 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

She has spent her life fighting fate, and she thought she was succeeding. Until she woke up in a coffin.

Ushers die young. Ushers are cursed. Ushers can never leave their house, a house that haunts and is haunted, a house that almost seems to have a mind of its own. Madeline’s life—revealed through short bursts of memory—has hinged around her desperate plan to escape, to save herself and her brother. Her only chance lies in destroying the house.

In the end, can Madeline keep her own sanity and bring the house down? The Fall is a literary psychological thriller, reimagining Edgar Allan Poe’s classic The Fall of the House of Usher.
-Goodreads 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love me some Poe and even though I haven't read Bethany's other books, I can't wait for this one.  It sounds like the perfect Halloween read and plus, look at that cover.  I can't think of creepier one that I've seen recently and God knows that I love a really creepy cover!  Is it October yet?!
 
What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!   

9 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

Such a chilling cover. Can't wait for a new series from this author.

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great pick. This is a popular one today and that's because it's haunting and pulls you in. I love a good horror book and I have a good feeling about this one.

Happy Wednesday!

My WoW

Christina / Book Addict said...

Ohhh! I love me some Poe as well! This book seems super creepy and perfect for next fall. Great pick!

rooth said...

Oooo it looks spooky. Can't believe we're already talking about Halloween!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

ooooh i love that spooky cover!! adding it to my list!

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

So with you. I love Poe and cannot wait to read this one. That cover is totally amazing, too. I haven't read her other books, but I have heard good things. Great pick!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for this one! I love Poe retellings.

My WoW: http://roseshadowink.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/grabby-paws-daughter-of-chaos-by-jen-mcconnel/

Star said...

Wooow, this looks so intriguing... I like that it was based on Poe, as well =D

Tammy Sparks said...

Wow, this cover is super creepy. I just love it. I love that it's a reimagining of a Poe story. On the list it goes!