Wednesday, February 26, 2014

[Waiting On Wednesday: Flirty Dancing]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"Flirty Dancing"
Author: Jenny McLachlan
Release Date: July 3rd, 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

Bea Hogg is shy but fiery inside. When national dance competition Starwars comes to her school looking for talent, she wants to sign up. It's just a shame her best friend agreed to enter with school super-cow Pearl Harris. Bea will fight back! But when school hottie, Ollie Matthews, who also happens to be Pearl’s boyfriend, decides to enter the competition with Bea, she will have more than a fight on her hands.

This warm, nuanced, hilarious story about friendship, fortitude . . . and dancing is impossible not to fall in love with. Jenny’s voice is fresh and convincing, and she handles both darker and lighter elements of the story with equal panache.
-Goodreads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This book sounds amazing!  I love that the dance competition is called "Starwars."  I mean, come on, how great is that.  Also, I love all things dance related, so there is no question about whether or not I'll be reading this one!
 
What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!   

6 comments:

Christina / Book Addict said...

This sounds really cute! I don't think I have ever read a book with a focus being on a dance competition. How fun! Thanks for sharing this one.

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds really good. And I just love contemporaries. I'll have to add this to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
My WoW

Tammy Sparks said...

I love anything about dance as well, and this sounds really cute. Great choice, Christianna!

Here's my WoW.

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

This sounds adorable. I love that it is called Starwars, too, and am such a sucker for dancing books--usually ballet, but I'll take it. Great pick!

Giselle said...

Hah Starwars! I love the sounds of this one! I love movies that have to do with dance (Like Save the Last Dance - don't judge me! LOL) but I never actually read a book that was related to dance yet.

Little Miss Becky said...

AHH this looks super cute!! I love that it's about a dance competition, that it's called StarWars...even her name is funny! :D Great pick, Christianna!