Monday, October 7, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday: Best And Worst Series Enders]

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!
To be completely honest I'm in the middle of a whole lot of series!  I have so many last books to read and so many more that I'm awaiting, so this week was pretty hard.  I also feel like I name the same series over and over again on this series prompts, but oh well.  Here we go again!
Books That Ended A Series With A Bang!
(not always a good one...)
The Good:
 
  • "The Sweet Far Thing" by Libba Bray.  This was the book that made me wanna throw it across the room when it was over and I loved Libba for it.  Did it end like I wanted?  No.  Did it end in a way that made me love it?  Yes!
  • "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins.  I really loved how fearlessly Collins ended her story.  She wasn't afraid to do the unthinkable and I think it made it more realistic.  Plus the happy-ish ending totally worked for me!
  • "Where She Went" by Gayle Forman.  All the feels!  That's all I can say!
  • "The Last Little Blue Envelope" by Maureen Johnson.  Just when you think it's all over Johnson goes and writes the completion of her story and makes us feel all swoony again!
  • "Darkest Mercy" by Melissa Marr.  This book got so twisted and dark and what not.  I loved it.  It was good way to say goodbye to the characters after 5 books!
  • "Forever" by Maggie Stiefvater.  This was a great way for Maggie to wrap up her werewolf story.  Loved it!
The Not So Good:
  • "Breaking Dawn" by Stephanie Meyer.  Yeah, it wasn't terrible, but there were so many weird things happening.  Baby imprinting on your exes child, epic battles that never happened and the completion of the least healthy love story ever!
  • "Forever in Blue" by Ann Brashares.  Once again I liked this series, but this book had some issues.  It's been awhile, but I remember not loving it as much as the other books.
Well there's my list!  What's on yours?  I wanna know.  Leave your link below or tell me in the comments!           

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Almost added both a Sweet Far Thing and Where She Went to My Good List.. however Mockingjay made my bad list unfortunately.

Nicole said...

HAH Breaking Dawn. Ooh Twilight. >_<. LOVED Where She Went! I think I need to give the Gemma Doyle trilogy another chance. I loved Libba Bray's The Diviners but this series didn't do much for me. Hmph.

Rachel said...

BREAKING DAWN wasn't my favorite of the Twilight books (which I love), but I didn't mind the ending. And I don't remember the ending to the Wicked Lovely series; I obviously need to reread the books. I didn't love FOREVER's end, and I need to read IF I STAY. Thanks for stopping by!

Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

Mary H said...

Oh, man, I completely forgot about Forever in Blue, but yeah, that one was very disappointing. I didn't include Last Little Blue Envelope as one of my 5 best, but I did put them on an extra list of great series finales. Great list!

My TTT

Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog

Shelly said...

I read If I Stay and I'm glad to see that Where She Went was amazing, I need to read it! Like seriously, this only made me want to read it more. Great list! :)

Unknown said...

Mockingjay (and Requiem) are both on my "on the fence" list. I liked a lot about them, loved both of the last paragraphs, but also had issues on how they wrapped up the series. After all this time, I'm still conflicted, haha.