Tuesday, August 27, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday: No One Else Can Have You]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"No One Else Can Have You"
Author: Kathleen Hale
Release Date: January 7th, 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

Small towns are nothing if not friendly. Friendship, Wisconsin (population: 688) is no different. Around here, everyone wears a smile. And no one ever locks their doors. Until, that is, high school sweetheart Ruth Fried is found murdered. Strung up like a scarecrow in the middle of a cornfield.

Unfortunately, Friendship’s police are more adept at looking for lost pets than catching killers. So Ruth’s best friend, Kippy Bushman, armed with only her tenacious Midwestern spirit and Ruth’s secret diary (which Ruth’s mother had asked her to read in order to redact any, you know, sex parts), sets out to find the murderer. But in a quiet town like Friendship—where no one is a suspect—anyone could be the killer.
-Goodreads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading Dangerous Girls I've been looking for more murder mysteries!  I have a feeling that they are one of my new favorite types of books.  This one sounds really good and like it's going to keep you guessing.  Plus, that cover is glorious and just about as small town as it gets!  Here's hoping this is as amazing as I want it to be!

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!  

15 comments:

Unknown said...

YEEEEEEEEES!

Not only does it have an awesome cover, but that story. GAW.

Great choice, as always

Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

Little Miss Becky said...

The cover cracks me up (poor moose!). This one definitely sounds like a fun murder mystery!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

This is new to me. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

follower

http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-62-dead-girls-dont.html

Tammy Sparks said...

Oh this does sound good! And the cover is so cute...well, I know it's a murder mystery, but cute cover! Great choice:)

Here's my WOW.

Blythe Harris said...

I started this one, and what I've read was really fun. However, I've heard that there's a very, very problematic scene (for me) later on in which domestic abuse is used as a means to derive laughs from the reader, which...no. Domestic abuse is not something to be used as a punchline.

Anonymous said...

I saw this on another blog. Great choice. I love mystery, the small town setting and the cover is terrific.
What I'm Waiting For...

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.
My WoW

Shelly said...

I've heard so much about this book! I'm so excited for its release :)

Christina / Book Addict said...

The cover is hilarious! This is a new to me book and I am definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing this one!

Megan R said...

This one sounds really good and I love the cover!

Unknown said...

This one is also on my list. It def does sound interesting and worth checking out. Thanks for sharing.

My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-16-things-i-thought-were-true/

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I cannot wait for this one. I'm such a sucker for YA mystery and that cover is just so, so awesome. Great pick!

Anonymous said...

Whoa this sounds like an awesome twist of a quintessential town, with a really gory murder in the middle of it all. I really do like mysteries, if they're done right, so I hope I can check this out soon as well.

Fantastic pick! <33

Nicole said...

I WANT I WANT I WANT. And I really like that cover.

Book BFFs said...

I can't wait for this one too. That cover is just so unique it really catches the eye. And I'm loving mysteries right now too. They're so fun to try and figure out what's going on. Have you read Across the Universe? I just read that and loved trying to solve that mystery.