Tuesday, April 2, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday #8: Arclight]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

 My pick this week is...

"Arclight"
Author: Josin L. McQuein
Release Date: April 23rd, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. A harrowing, powerful debut thriller about finding yourself and protecting your future—no matter how short and uncertain it may be.

The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can’t get in. Outside the Arclight’s border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man’s-land. That’s where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced or the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She’s the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who’s determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.

When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn’t even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again?
-Goodreads
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this book sounds amazing!  Am I right, or am I right?  I have seen this one bouncing around on book blogs, but have never really sat down and read the summary, but now I'm hooked on the idea of this book!  I want to know what the Fades are!  Don't you?

 What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!

8 comments:

Brittan said...

Great WoW pick! I can't wait for this one either, it's sounds so creepy and awesome.

Thanks for stopping by mine, Brittan from Written by Brittan.

Tammy Sparks said...

Arclight looks so good! I've had this on my radar for quite a while now. Great choice!

Here's my WOW.

Read. Write. Ramble. said...

I'm so excited to read this! The cover is absolutely gorgeous!
My WoW
-Rachel

{Scribbler} Skye said...

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC of this and can vouch that it is ALL THE AWESOME. My review goes up Monday if you need any more convincing that you will want to read it the second it comes out. Stellar pick!

Thanks for stopping by my WOW! :)

Unknown said...

I love the cover for this one and it sounds so intriguing! I'm not sure what to expect but I'm certainly excited :)

Ashley said...

I keep seeing this book around, I am on the fence about it! The summary does sound promising though. So I look forward to your review :)

My WOW

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

mk said...

I'm not really sure about this one. I like the summary but I'm not sure it's for me. I'm still waiting to read some reviews and than I'll decide but I hope you enjoy reading the book when it comes out.
Thanks for stopping by my WOW post last week.

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This sounds really good! I have seen this book before, but never read the synopsis until now. Thanks for sharing!
My WoW