Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!
This week we were asked to pick a genre and then pick our Top Ten Favorite Characters from those types of books. Well, I was thinking and I came up with "Book About Music/Heavily Influenced By It" for my genre. I know it's not a normal one like SciFi or whatever, but I'm going with it. And here in no order are my Top Ten Favorite Characters From Books That Deal With Music!
- Link from the "Beautiful Creatures" books. Good Lord, I just love that boys band and his commitment to it. Those books are actually pretty heavy on the music references. From Lena's song to Links band and more.
- Mia from "If I Stay" and "Where She Went". I just love her character so much and her love of music and her boy in a band pull this story along more than you might actually think!
- Charlie from "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". This kid has got some much heart and he makes a sick mixtape. I mean any guy who make a sick mixtape deserves to be on this list!
- Hale from "Rouge". The whole book is set in a theater and her performances sound really cool. Plus it's pretty much classy burlesque, so that's cool!
- Lola Cep from "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen". Remember this book? I loved it so much when I was younger and Lola just has to go on this list!
- Clara from "The Flappers Trilogy". She's a spicy one with a secret past and I loved learning about her in the first book "Vixen". Sadly I haven't gotten to the other books yet. But the are jazz filled to the max!
- Owen from "Just Listen". I really really enjoyed this story and all of the music that filled it!
- Keith from "13 Little Blue Envelopes". He's just too cool for school, but I love that about him. Even if he doesn't always act that nice...
- Galen from "Princess of the Midnight Ball". He's so smart and clever and awesome and saves all those dancing princesses.
Ok, that was harder than it sounded and I could only come up with 9 characters. I know of more books that are music related, I just haven't read them yet and so I didn't feel like I could add them in.
Are you a fan of music inspired stories? Can you think of any more that I should know about? Let me know. And let leave the link to your post below so I can stop by and check it out!
(P.S. check it out! I'm the honorary Girl With Glasses over at The Girls With Glasses Show! I'm chatting about musicians with glasses!)