Wednesday, May 14, 2014

[Waiting On Wednesday: The Cure For Dreaming]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"The Cure for Dreaming"
Author: Cat Winters
Release Date: October 14th, 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

Olivia Mead is a headstrong, independent girl—a suffragist—in an age that prefers its girls to be docile. It’s 1900 in Oregon, and Olivia’s father, concerned that she’s headed for trouble, convinces a stage mesmerist to try to hypnotize the rebellion out of her. But the hypnotist, an intriguing young man named Henri Reverie, gives her a terrible gift instead: she’s able to see people’s true natures, manifesting as visions of darkness and goodness, while also unable to speak her true thoughts out loud. These supernatural challenges only make Olivia more determined to speak her mind, and so she’s drawn into a dangerous relationship with the hypnotist and his mysterious motives, all while secretly fighting for the rights of women. Winters breathes new life into history once again with an atmospheric, vividly real story, including archival photos and art from the period throughout.
 -Goodreads
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want this book in my hands yesterday! I became a HUGE fan of Winters after I read In the Shadow of Blackbirds (which I still think is my favorite book of last year). If you haven't read it, do it now. And then read this one with me when it comes out!

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!    

4 comments:

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it! Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

Unknown said...

YES! This was ours a couple of weeks ago. Just cannot even wait!

Tammy Sparks said...

Awesome choice! I just love Cat and I'm sure this will be just as good as her last book. Plus, I'm really digging the cover:-)

Nicole said...

ALL OF THE YESs!!! CAN. NOT. WAIT.