Wednesday, July 23, 2014

[Waiting On Wednesday: The Sin Eater's Daughter]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"The Sin Eater's Daughter"
Author: Melinda Salisbury
Release Date: February 24th, 2015

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

A startling, seductive, deliciously dark debut that will shatter your definition of YA fantasy.

16-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she's engaged to the prince, no one speaks to her. No one even looks at her. Because Twylla isn't a member of the court. She's the executioner.

As the goddess-embodied, Twylla kills with a single touch. So each week, she's taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love her. Who could care for a girl with murder in her veins? Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to her touch, avoids her.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose playful smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he's able to look past Twylla's executioner robes and see the girl, not the goddess. Yet a treasonous romance is the least of Twylla's problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies-a plan that requires an unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything and I mean everything about this book makes it sound like something I am going to love to pieces. Plus, I know they say that isn't the final cover, but I sure hope it is, because it's glorious! Let's hope that this one lives up to my expectations!

 What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!   

6 comments:

The Book Rogue said...

Girl Goddess Executioner? Uhh, gotta love this. Definitvely putting this on my tbr, thanks a lot for sharing!
My WoW, and my 2 Year Blogoversary Giveaway is still running

Unknown said...

Every. Week. EVERY SINGLE WEEK GIRL! You are always giving me new and awesome books to drool over. <3

Little Miss Becky said...

Not the final cover??? It would be sad if they changed it, it's so pretty!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Creepy cover. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like an interesting book.

Unknown said...

Yesssss I only just found out about this one recently but it immediately jumped up my list because I'm so curious! People have said it sounds similar to Shatter Me but I think it'll be different enough to be a great one!

Tammy Sparks said...

Yes! I've never seen this before, but I do like the sound of it, plus love the cover. Thanks for the heads up! And thanks for visiting my WoW:-)