Wednesday, April 9, 2014

[Waiting On Wednesday: Princess of Thorns]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"Princess of Thorns"
Author: Stacey Jay
Release Date: December 9th, 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

 Game of Thrones meets the Grimm's fairy tales in this twisted, fast-paced romantic fantasy-adventure about Sleeping Beauty's daughter, a warrior princess who must fight to reclaim her throne.

Though she looks like a mere mortal, Princess Aurora is a fairy blessed with enhanced strength, bravery, and mercy yet cursed to destroy the free will of any male who kisses her. Disguised as a boy, she enlists the help of the handsome but also cursed Prince Niklaas to fight legions of evil and free her brother from the ogre queen who stole Aurora's throne ten years ago.

Will Aurora triumph over evil and reach her brother before it's too late? Can Aurora and Niklaas break the curses that will otherwise forever keep them from finding their one true love?
-Goodreads 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from the fact that I can't stand the cover, this book sounds amazing!  I also love that it has a gender swap theme going on.  Female warriors hiding their true identity is a total win in my eyes.  Possibly because I have such a love for Mulan.  Can it be December yet?

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know! 

12 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

Of Beasts and Beauty was one of my favorites last year, so I'm definitely excited to see Stacey Jay take on another fairy tale!! Great pick!

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that cover either. But the story sounds amazing. I hope you enjoy reading it!
My WoW

Star said...

I think 'Mulan' describes my thoughts pretty well! Sounds interesting.

Unknown said...

I've heard such great things about Of Beasts & Beauty, so I am willing to bet this will be fantastic as well :)

Unknown said...

Also, is she flying or throwing horse shoes? I can't tell. ;)

Tammy Sparks said...

This is a bit of a strange cover, right? But it sounds really good. I also love gender swap stories, and I'd love to find the time to read this one. Thanks for visiting my WOW!

Giselle said...

Ooh I love the colors and the font on this cover! The girl has an odd angle though what is she doing? >.< Riding a horse I'll guess.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this as well. Wish it was being released sooner.

My WOW

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, YES! Gender-swap fantasy = must have. The last one I read was a flop so I have high hopes that this one will be amazing. Awesome choice!

Christina / Book Addict said...

Ohhh…great pick! The blurb had me at GoT meets Grimm…love that!

Jasprit said...

I agree the cover isn't all that great, but I think I was intrigued by the first three words Game of Thrones! I really like the sound of this book, so thanks for putting it on my radar! :)

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

Ooh. I haven't seen this one yet. GOT meets the Brothers Grimm. Sounds pretty awesome, but, yeah that cover is pretty bad. Lol. Great pick!