Wednesday, March 12, 2014

[Waiting On Wednesday: Blonde OPS]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"Blonde OPS"
Author: Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
Release Date: May 6th, 2014

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

Pitched as The Devil Wears Prada meets James Bond for teens, featuring a fashion magazine intern in Rome who uncovers a plot to kidnap the First Lady.

Expelled from yet another boarding school for hacking, sixteen-year-old Rebecca "Bec" Jackson is shipped off to Rome to intern for Parker Phillips, the editor-in-chief of one of the world’s top fashion magazines. But when a mysterious accident lands Parker in a coma, former supermodel and notorious drama queen Candace Worthington takes the reins of the magazine. The First Lady is in Rome for a cover shoot, and all hands are on deck to make sure her visit goes smoothly.

Bec quickly realizes that Parker's "accident" may not have been quite so accidental, and when the First Lady's life is threatened, Bec is determined to uncover the truth. On top of that, Bec must contend with bitchy models, her new boss, Candace, who is just as difficult as the tabloids say, and two guys, a hunky Italian bike messenger with a thousand-watt smile and a fashion blogger with a razor-sharp wit, who are both vying for her heart.

Can Bec catch the person who's after the First Lady, solve the mystery of Parker's accident, and juggle two cute boys at the same time? Blonde Ops is a fun, action-packed romp through the hallways of a fashion magazine and the cobblestone streets of Rome.
-Goodreads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, doesn't this sound like the cutest book ever?!  Not only that, but it also sounds like it has some kick ass moments as well.  It's basically a mix of some of my favorite things.  Plus, a bike messenger and a fashion blogger as the love interests... YES TO THE PLEASE!

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!  

14 comments:

Christina / Book Addict said...

Oh, wow. This is right up my alley. I LOVE James Bond and I adored The Devil Wears Prada. Plus, this takes place in Rome….YES!

Star said...

The concept is quite gripping, though it almost sounds as if there is TOO much going on. Mystery, Contemporary, Romance AND Action. Some parts of it made my eyebrows raise with interest - I like that this books tries to switch up concepts we already know - but I felt like the blurb was just too complicated. I think I'll give it a miss. I would, though, love to read you review when it comes out!

Michelle Santiago said...

looks like my kind of read! adding it to my wish list and will keep an eye out for it. awesome pick :)

hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

-michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

Tammy Sparks said...

What a fun book! I totally want that girl's outfit and Vespa;-)Must add this to the list! Thanks for stopping by my WOW, Christianna!

Unknown said...

This sounds like so much fun! I'm looking forward to hearing what other people think about it because there are a lot of elements to it that sound really promising (The Devil Wears Prada, James Bond, and Rome? Awesome!) but I think it'll need a good balance to succeed. Fingers crossed it turns out great!

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

Read. Write. Ramble. said...

Wow, this sounds awesome! It seems like a mix of my favorite things too. :) Thanks for sharing!
My WoW
-Rachel

Selena said...

This sounds like a super fun read! An intern and a hacker (mostly hacker)? I think yes.

Although, Bec, honey, things never go well when guys are juggled. Someone gets crushed. (Wow, I'm so clever. XD )

Stop by my WoW :)

Anonymous said...

Totally agree, this is definitely "cutest book ever" material! Especially the cover :) Great pick this week! <33

Little Miss Becky said...

LOL both of our picks this week take place in Italy and have scooter's on the cover! :D Love this choice, looks super cute. And I want that dress.

:)

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I'm excited for this one, too. It DOES sound like the cutest book. James Bond meets DWP. Yep. Great pick!

Nicole said...

Umm The Devil Wears Prada meets James Bond? Can you say YES!?

Natalie Zaman said...

Am thrilled to pieces that you're waiting for Blonde Ops! Thank you so much for featuring it! ♥♥♥ Nat

Author on the Loose said...

Hope you enjoy reading it (but don't try those 'hacker' tricks at home! ;)