Tuesday, February 18, 2014

[Top Ten Tuesday: Reason I Love Reading And Blogging]

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!
 
This week we've been asked to talk about what we love about reading or blogging.  I felt like it would be fun to answer both questions, with 5 answers a piece!  Cause lets face it, both of those things are great and they kind of go hand in hand when you're a book blogger.  So here goes!

My 5 Favorite Things About Reading!

Escaping To Foreign Places (both literally and figuratively):  I use reading as an escape and it's awesome that authors have the power to take you to places that you've never seen before.  Sure it might be someplace in your country, it might be a real foreign land or it might even be a place made out of someone's imagination, but no matter what you've been somewhere else.

Book Boyfriends:  Seriously, book boyfriends are the best.  They're fictional but they're awesome!

Getting Into Someone Else's Head:  Authors have the ability to take you and put you into someone else's head.  It's weird when you think about it, but at the same time it's cool to get to know someone in the pages of a book who is nothing like you.

Snuggling With A Book:  Who doesn't love just getting comfy in bed or in a favorite reading spot and forgetting about reality for a bit.

Being The Person Who's Read The Book Before Seeing The Movie And Not The Other Way Around:  This actually sometimes doesn't work out so well, because sometimes book movies are terrible.  But it's still cool to be able to say you've read the book, even if the movie then makes you wanna stick your head in the sand.

My 5 Favorite Thing About Blogging:

Meeting Amazing Bloggers:  I've met so many fantastic people through blogging!  I haven't met many of you in person, but the ones I have met are awesome!  And let's be real the rest of you all rock pretty darn hard too and maybe one day we'll meet in the real world!

Getting To Know Authors:  Talk about more awesome people, blogging gives you a chance to interact with the people who make the books!  How is that not the coolest thing you've ever heard.  

I Get To Write:  It's the one thing I love as much as reading and watching movies.  I'm actually working on three books right now as well and I run a full time music blog.  So I write all day, everyday!

Books:  I get to read books before they come out and tell people what I think about them.  As a ridiculously opinionated person, this works out quite well for everyone involved!

The White Unicorn:  Let be real here, The White Unicorn is pretty much the coolest horse type creature I know!

Well there's my list!  What's on yours?  I wanna know.  Leave your link below or tell me in the comments! 

7 comments:

Christina / Book Addict said...

Fantastic list! I especially agree with foreign places (I could use a tropical destination right about now!) and book boyfriends! :)

Spiced Latte said...

Those are really awesome points! I totally agree with you :D

My Top Ten this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh the book boyfriends, how I love to swooooon! =) And I love traveling to new places through books!

Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library--My TTT!

Doris @ OABR said...

I love this topic and seeing everyone's reasons for being a reader and blogger.
Awesome list <3

Here's our TTT
Doris @ OABR

Ashley said...

I love snuggling in with a book on a rainy, lately, snowy day under a blanket! It is one of my favorite activities. Haha the White Unicorn is a pretty cool horse type creature :)

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Unknown said...

Oh yes I LOVE book boyfriends! I don't have a real life one so it's fun to have fictional ones.. Okay that sounded really sad but whatever lol. Great list! :)

Followed you on blogger:)

-Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

CG @ Paper Fury said...

I loooove writing too! I'm 100% sure that if I wasn't so obsessed with reading I'd never have become a writer. It's awesome getting to be "other people" while you read too, isn't it?! I can totally save the world in one book and then conquer it in the next. *snickers* Here's my TTT!!