Monday, September 9, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Would Love To See Turned Into A Movie/TV Show]

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!

In a perfect world, people wouldn't ruin books when they turned them into movies.  They wouldn't take a story and change things about it that make you wanna throw things at the huge movie theater screen when you go to see it.  I'm not one to care about the appearance of characters, give the role to someone who can act the part, I'll thank you later, but when you take a story that already works and you take things away or add things that weren't there, I just don't get it.  Honestly, if the actors and the movie don't look like what I pictured I don't care as long as the movie tells the same story that I love.  This doesn't seem to happen often, but if it did, these are the books that I would love to see on a screen in a dark movie theater.  So, now I'm gonna step off my soap box and clue you into the books!

Books That In A Perfect World (Where People Don't Mess Things Up) Would Make Great Movies!

 
 
  •  "13 Little Blue Envelopes" by Maureen Johnson:  I think this one would make a great movie.  It's cute, you'd get to see a lot of cool places all over Europe and the romance is adorable.  Plus, it's got some tearjerker moments too!
  • "Code Name Verity" by Elizabeth Wein:  This one would make a beautiful movie.  In the right cinematographer's hands this would be so visually stunning.  Plus the story would leave everyone in the theater weeping violently into their popcorn.  I saw this one like a movie in my head anyways when I read it!
  • "Dangerous Girls" by Abigail Haas:  This book was a total mind eff!  If they did it right it would be a great movie, but I think it would make an even cooler mini series.  Not a whole TV show, cause then they'd drag it out too long, but a nice 3 or 4 episode mini series would be perfect.  I can only imagine what people would be talking about after it was over!
  • "Gorgeous" by Paul Rudnick:  This would be the funny, raunchy "Mean Girls" of fairytale movies!  I can see myself laughing my head off.  It could also play off well as a TV show.  I see it appealing to fans of shows like GLEE and Ugly Betty!
  • "If You Find Me" by Emily Murdoch:  Gosh this would be a tough movie to sit through, but this story is just so beautiful and heartbreaking that I would love to see it taken over by a really gritty Indie director and turned into something amazing and cinematic!
  • "In the Shadow of Blackbirds" by Cat Winters:  I don't even know how you would turn this book into a movie, but in the right hands this would be one of the most epic movies ever.  The director would have to understand how to be extremely atmospheric and give people the chills.  Maybe Danny Boyle could helm this one?  Then again I think Danny Boyle should make every movie...
  • "Sanctum" by Sarah Fine:  Speaking of movies that Danny Boyle should direct, Sanctum would be the perfect one for him.  This movie would be so intense and character driven that people would be crying and holding onto their chair arms with death grips.  They'd be crying with emotion, not because they were scared shitless (or both)
  • "Splintered" by A.G. Howard:  Can we get Tim Burton behind this one?  I know that he already did an Alice in Wonderland, but lets face it, he should have waited so that he could make this movie!  Oooo, or maybe Baz Luhrmann?  I could get behind that too.  But seriously the world in this book is so colorful and well imagined, it would be awesome to see it before my very eyes!
  • "The Trouble With Flirting" by Claire LaZebnik:  Cause after all those dark movies we need something light and fluffy and funny.  This would make one of those movies that Disney would helm and all of the world would fall in love with it and the characters, just like I did with the book!
  • "The Ward" by Jordana Frankel:  Okay, so underwater stuff freaks me out, but I'd sit through this movie in a heartbeat.  The world building is so interesting in this book and the characters are all so strong.  I think it would appeal to a whole bunch of adventure junkie types!

So now that I've paired my favorite books with some of my favorite directors and the like, maybe I should tell them to make these movies?

Well there's my list!  What's on yours?  I wanna know.  Leave your link below or tell me in the comments!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea with Splintered! This is the perfect movie for Tim Burton!

Christina / Book Addict said...

Great list! I really enjoyed 13 Envelopes---that would make a great movie, especially with all of the incredible locations. I have Gorgeous on my kindle and hoping to read it soon!

Unknown said...

Even though all of these are on my TBR list, 13 Little Blue Envelopes is the only one I've read... However, what an EXCELLENT choice to be a movie. Then I could live vicariously through someone traveling Europe on the big screen.

Giselle said...

Ooh yes to all! At least all I've read! In the Shadow of Blackbirds could be a super awesome creepy movie and If You Find Me could be really good too! I wasn't a huge fan of The Ward but I think it would make a good movie too and could have some awesome scenery/effects. I so need to read Dangerous Girls!

Ashley said...

13 Blue Little Envelopes would definitely be a real cute movie! Even though I have not read Splintered yet, even the cover looks like a Tim Burton movie.

Our TTT

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Rachel said...

I've only read part of SPLINTERED, but that world would look cool onscreen! And I need to read GORGEOUS, CODE NAME VERITY, and IN THE SHADOW OF BLACKBIRDS. Nice list!

Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

Splintered would be so awesome. I still need to read Gorgeous...I'm reminded every time I see it on your blog.

Katie said...

I have Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes on my TTT list this week, too! However, I thought that it would make an awesome TV show. Just imagine - each episode could detail a letter. How fun would that be to watch? ABC Family would love a show like that.
Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/