Monday, August 5, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday: Solo Books That You Wish Had Sequals]

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!

I'm am the biggest fan of a solo book!  Sure series are amazing and keep you wrapped up in a story over a couple of years, but there is something special about a book that is a complete story.  But every once in awhile, you wonder what the author imagines happens after the last page is done and finished.  Of course it's fun to come up with your own conclusion of the characters lives, but what if what the author imagines is better?  And so here is my list of solo books that I wish had more books after them.  Though in all reality, I don't think I'd ever actually wish for more than the first book!

If A Sequel Happened I Wouldn't Complain!
"Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman:  I love this book with all of my heart and I think that it is perfect.  On the other hand I would love to see what happens after the last page of the novel.  I want to know if Richard and Door end up together! 

"The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald:  Of course this is never going to happen, as the author is dead and all, but I still think it would be cool.  I really like this novel and a part of me wants to know what happened after all the gnarly went down!

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky:  I adored this book, but I want to know what happened to Charlie after the big reveal and after all his friends went off to college.  I mean he had most of high school to get through.  Aren't you curious too?

"Gorgeous" by Paul Rudnick:  This book was so funny!  For some reason I think that a flat out NA sequel would be perfect!  It would make me laugh and it would be crazy! 

"Wild Awake" by Hilary T. Smith:  This book was just weird, honestly weird.  But it's been lingering in the back of my mind since I read it.  I'd like to know what ends up happening Kiri.  I hope she gets her shit together!

"Graveminder" by Melissa Marr:  This was Melissa's first adult novel and I loved it.  I feel like there is definitely room for more.  I mean who can have too many zombies?

"The Death and Life of Superman" by Roger Stern:  I have a confession to make!  I love me some Superman and this book was awesome!  It's huge and wonderful and Superman is possibly dead and people are trying to fill his shoes!  It could have kept going on and on, because it was awesome!

"Ella Enchanted" by Gail Carson Levine:  Come on, I know I'm not the only one who would love to know what happened to Ella and Char when they grew up some more!  It would be cool to see them as adults still being as awesome as they always were!

 Well there's my list, even if it's only 8 books!  I told you that I love my solo books!  What's on your list?  I wanna know.  Leave your link below or tell me in the comments!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I had The Perks of Being a Wallflower on my list too. I'd love to know who Charlie coped and survived the high school, and maybe even attended a college? The book would be so great. :)

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

That would have been amazing if there was a Perks sequel! And I loved Ella Enchanted as a kid so I wouldn't complain about that either lol. Great list! My TTT

Christina / Book Addict said...

Good idea adding Ella Enchanted--such a fun read! I like that you included some classics, like The Great Gatsby--it would be awesome if there was a sequel!

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I'd definitely like to know what happens next in Perks. I still need to read Wild Awake. I have it on my Kindle. Great list!

Nicole said...

Welp I only read The Perks of Being a Wallflower from this list and I can't say I remember much (it was a looooong time ago). But I want to read Wild Awake! This week was a hard list....

GillyB said...

GORGEOUS AND ELLA ENCHANTED YUP YUP YUP

Rachel said...

Ah, WILD AWAKE! The ending wasn't bad, but I just didn't get closure with everything, and I didn't quite understand it. But that book's really good. Thanks for stopping by!

Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

Giselle said...

Oh I have Gorgeous to read hopefully soon and although I've been seeing very mixed reviews on Wild Awake it's just making me super curious about the book! :)

Jenni said...

Oh Gorgeous was funny? I have that one and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Now that I know it's funny I may have to read it sooner than I had planned. I also have Graveminder and want to read it soon, I love the cover for that one.

Jillyn said...

I couldn't agree more with Perks of Being a Wallflower. I'd love to read about his college days.

My TTT.