Tuesday, July 30, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday: Unhinged]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"Unhinged"
Author: A.G. Howard
Release Date: January 7th, 2014

-------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

Alyssa Gardner has been down the rabbit hole and faced the bandersnatch. She saved the life of Jeb, the guy she loves, and escaped the machinations of the disturbingly seductive Morpheus and the vindictive Queen Red. Now all she has to do is graduate high school and make it through prom so she can attend the prestigious art school in London she's always dreamed of.

That would be easier without her mother, freshly released from an asylum, acting overly protective and suspicious. And it would be much simpler if the mysterious Morpheus didn’t show up for school one day to tempt her with another dangerous quest in the dark, challenging Wonderland—where she (partly) belongs.

As prom and graduation creep closer, Alyssa juggles Morpheus’s unsettling presence in her real world with trying to tell Jeb the truth about a past he’s forgotten. Glimpses of Wonderland start to bleed through her art and into her world in very disturbing ways, and Morpheus warns that Queen Red won’t be far behind.

If Alyssa stays in the human realm, she could endanger Jeb, her parents, and everyone she loves. But if she steps through the rabbit hole again, she'll face a deadly battle that could cost more than just her head
.
-Goodreads 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need more Morpheus in my life!  Splintered was such a well imagined book and I can't wait to see what A.G. Howard has up her sleeve with the next book in the series!  It sounds awesome.  I just wish I didn't have to wait so long to get my hands on a copy.  This book and I need to have a good little sit down with each other!

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!

12 comments:

Alise said...

I love Morpheus too! Since he is on the cover, I expect him to be a main point in the sequel. ;) Can't wait for this!

My Waiting on Wednesday

Tanja - Tanychy said...

I wasn't a huge fan of the fist book in this series as retellings aren't doing it for me. I hope you'll get this one soon :)

Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

The Book Rogue said...

Alice in Wonderland was never one of my favorites, too chaotic. ^^ I hope you'll enjoy, though.
My WoW

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

follower

http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-58-enders-by-lissa.html

mk said...

This one sounds great but I haven't read the first in the series. I hope you enjoy reading it though. Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

Nicole said...

I still need to read Splintered! And I have a copy now so I don't really have a good excuse for why I haven't. The covers are so cool!

Tammy Sparks said...

Oh yes!!! This book is going to be so great. I am anxiously awaiting its release!! Great choice Christianna!!!

Here's my WOW.

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I'm definitely excited to read this one, too. I really enjoyed Splintered and can't wait to find out what happens next. I can't stand this cover, though. I like the purple, but I don't understand why Morpheus looks so emo. Regardless, I am excited for the book. Great pick!

Unknown said...

EVERYONE keeps talking about this series. I finally got book one, but I still have to read it. Ugh, need more hours in the day for reading!

Unknown said...

Ahh, excellent choice! I knew this one would show up here sooner or later :)

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I haven't read the first book in this series. Sounds like an interesting book. I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for stopping by. My WoW

Little Miss Becky said...

The twisted world building in Splintered was SO fantastic--I can't wait to see what she comes up with this time!