Tuesday, July 9, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday: The Dark Between]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

Author: Sonia Gensler
Release Date: August 27th, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

A supernatural romance about the powers that lie in the shadows of the mind, perfect for fans of Sarah Rees Brennan, Alyxandra Harvey, and Libba Bray.

At the turn of the twentieth century, Spiritualism and séances are all the rage—even in the scholarly town of Cambridge, England. While mediums dupe the grief-stricken, a group of local fringe scientists seeks to bridge the gap to the spirit world by investigating the dark corners of the human mind.

Each running from a shadowed past, Kate, Asher, and Elsie take refuge within the walls of Summerfield College. But their peace is soon shattered by the discovery of a dead body nearby. Is this the work of a flesh-and-blood villain, or is something otherworldly at play? This unlikely trio must illuminate what the scientists have not, and open a window to secrets taken to the grave—or risk joining the spirit world themselves.
-Goodreads 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since I read "In the Shadow of Blackbirds" by Cat Winters I've been totally into books like this!  Plus it's historical and I love creepy historical fiction!  This one sounds like a winner and hopefully I'm right!

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!

10 comments:

Tanja - Tanychy said...

I'm really not into historical fiction but this one sounds really interesting. I haven't read In the Shadow of Blackbird but I hope you'll enjoy this one too. Great pick :)

Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

Unknown said...

This looks really interesting. I'm adding it to my check out list. I really like books that explore the supernatural in a realistic way.

Here's my WoW at my blog, Vicariously!

I'm following you via GFC and e-mail. You'll be seeing me around. :) Have a good day!

Ashley said...

Nicole has this on her wishlist but I had no idea what it was. I just read the summary for the first time. Sounds really interesting and I will have to add it to my list too!

My WOW

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Ooh spooky :) Thanks for sharing!

follower

http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-55-all-that-glows.html

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

This looks so awesome. I love creepy fiction and cannot wait for this one. Great pick!
Natflix&Books' WoW

Tammy Sparks said...

I am so excited about this book! It was one of my top ten summer TBR books, so I am completely with you. Great choice:)

Christina / Book Addict said...

Creepy historical fiction is definitely up my alley. Thanks for sharing this one!

Unknown said...

OH this one sounds super cool! :D I LOVE Histfics so this sounds right up my alley!

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.
My WoW

Unknown said...

Yes, this totally reminds me of ItSoB! And considering how much we both loved that one, we should get our hands on this and compare notes! I definitely want to read more creepy gothic fiction and this seems like a excellent choice!