Monday, May 6, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday #10: Light And Fun Reads]

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke And The Bookish!

So when I went to put this post together I came to realize something.  I might not be the person you want to go to for fun and light read suggestions.  It's not that I don't read them, I just don't read a lot of them and then I don't always like the ones that I do read.  So, this might be a very unconventional list in some ways.  But I'm hoping to expand upon this type of book!  I'm totally open to suggestions and I know that I have a couple coming up on my reading list... but please suggest away!

Light And Fun Reads!  Or so you might think?

"Girl At Sea" by Maureen Johnson:  This book actually fits this list perfectly.  It's cute and it's exciting and it has these great little lessons.  It also takes place on a boat and has a great love interest and some family drama!

"Vixen" by Jillian Larkin:  Flappers!  This one gets really dramatic, like a soup opera set in the 1920s and it's so much fun.  The three leads are very well developed and their stories might be rooted in truth, but they are pretty crazy.

"Jordyn" by Tiffany King:  This one is actually quite creepy, but it is a light read.  There is a sweet romance and a girl who kicks daemon ass.  I seriously loved this book!

"The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde:  Okay, I know that this one is a play, but it makes me smile every time I read it.  Mistaken identities to the extreme, all put under one roof and tried to be kept secret.  It's awesome.  If you don't wanna read a play then at least watch the movie!

"Losing It" by Cora Cormack:  This book is about, well it's about what it sounds like it's about.  But in the end it's ends up being so much more!  The characters are loads of fun and you can't help but root for them all.  This one is a NA read.

"Elle Enchanted" by Gail Carson Levine:  We are going old school for this one.  But who doesn't love a twisted version of Cinderella that makes you fall in love with the story all over again.  This book gives me the feels every single time I think about it!

"Anna and the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins:  When I first read this book it gave me all of the feels and then I went to Paris and I totally got just how well Perkins described it.  Plus, she makes fun of Nicholas Sparks and praises Danny Boyle!  Okay and the romance is cute too!

"Lola and the Boy Next Door" by Stephanie Perkins:  I loved me some Lola and her crazy outfits!  But it was Cricket who stole the show for me.  He's kind of the perfect guy!

"Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer:  Let's be honest, this book is loads of fun.  Has a pretty creepy, or sweet romance (depending on who you are) and lots of adventure.  Even though it seems huge it's actually a really fast read as well.

"Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me" by Mindy Kaling:  I love this girl and this book made me feel like I was talking to a friend.  Though if you ask my mom it made her feel like she was reading a book about me.  So, maybe I could be your best friend?  If not then I'll just settle for being Mindy's.

Well there's my list!  I actually did better than I thought I was going to, but I'd still dig suggestions!  What's on your list?  I wanna know.  Leave your link below or tell me in the comments!

10 comments:

Lori said...

I love Anna and Lola so much! They are two of my favorites.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I'm SO glad to see Ella Enchanted on so many lists! That book will always be one of my all-time favourites :)

Jenni said...

I really need to get on reading the Stephanie Perkins books and Losing It. I feel like I am definitely missing out on something by having not read them. Great list!

Unknown said...

I loooove The Importance of Being Earnest. Thanks for the recommendation, I am going to need it for the trips to the park since the sun is showing just recently, ahh!

xx
The Young Bridget Jones

Milka said...

Great to see Oscar Wilde on someone else's list as well.
Anna and the French Kiss got a place at my list too. :)

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I love Stephanie Perkins and Mindy Kaling. Great list! Thanks for stopping by my My TTT @Natflix&Books

Ashley said...

Everyone seems to have Stephanie Perkin's books on their list today. I think I need to be reading them ASAP!

Our TTT

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Nice list. I haven't read any of these books.

Renae @ Respiring Thoughts said...

Yay, Ella Enchanted! I totally need to check out the Flappers series as well. It seems really fun, similar to Anna Godbersen's books.

Giselle said...

Ooh I adored Anna and the French Kiss! I really have to read Lola holy cow it's been out for so long! O_O

Losing It is also on my TBR list!