Wednesday, April 24, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday: The 5th Wave]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"The 5th Wave"
Author: Rick Yancey
Release Date: May 7th, 2013

-------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

 The Passage meets Ender’s Game in an epic new series from award-winning author Rick Yancey.

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
-Goodreads 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not usually one to read books about aliens.  For some reason I tend to get burnt out on them quickly unless they have a lot going for them.  From the things I've been hearing about The 5th Wave and the summary I have a feeling that this will be one of the ones that has something going for it!  So in this case I say "bring on the aliens!"

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!

10 comments:

Jenni said...

I just got this one in the mail yesterday and I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED! Looking at it there taunting me is painful. But I think I want to wait until some of the hype has died down a bit. My expectations are super high and that never ends well. Great pick!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Seeing this a lot today. Awesome choice! I can't wait to read it either :)

follower

http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

Tammy Sparks said...

I'm am so excited to read this as well. I think I've actually preordered it! Great choice, I've read so many good reviews. Thanks for stopping by:)

Maria said...

This sounds very different from the typical dystopian tale - sounds good.

Here's my WoW post

Unknown said...

Ooh, awesome choice! The more reviews I read and trailers I see for this one, the more excited I'm getting.

Nicole said...

I'm not big on aliens either, especially when they are humanlike. But I have seen a few glowing reviews on this one so I might be tempted to give it a try.

Unknown said...

This one looks & sounds amazing!! Kind of walking deadish to me with out zombies but with something more maybe terrifying.. I can't wait!!
My My W.O.W.





Reader Unfolded said...

I have been hearing so much about this book! Good choice :)

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I have seen this book around, but this is the first time I read the synopsis. It sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by!
My WoW

Little Miss Becky said...

I wasn't so sure I wanted to read this one, until I saw the book trailer and it freaked me out! Now I'm dying to start it! Great pick!