Tuesday, March 5, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday #5: The Summer I Became A Nerd]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"The Summer I Became A Nerd"
Author: Leah Rae Miller
Release Date: May 7th, 2013

-------------------------------------------------------------
Summery:

On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader—perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body isn’t just unknown, it's anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way.

Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.
-Goodreads   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was never the cheerleader, in fact I was the drama geek, but I too had a summer where I became a nerd.  Maybe not the same level of nerd, but pretty darn close and that part has hung on and stayed with me.  Plus, I know a lot of legit nerds and love them.  So, I have to read this one!

   What are you waiting for this week?  I wanna know!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a drama geek in high school too! And I also had a summer that involved letting my nerd flag fly (partially where my love of Star Wars comes from).

This actually sounds like a great summery beach read! Thanks for posting it :)

Unknown said...

I just love how reverse it is when usually it's the nerd who becomes popular over the summer! I agree with Melissa: great summer idea feel to it.

Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
My WOW post

Amy said...

I am dying to get my hands on this one!! It sounds like a fantastic contemporary!! Great pick!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Cool pick. This one sounds really entertaining.

Thanks for stopping by my WoW

http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-37.html

Jenni said...

I really like the cover of this one, I think it goes with the blurb so well and you don't often see that. She looks so out of place, it's perfect. I can't wait for this one either. Fabulous choice!

Unknown said...

This looks so fun! And I love that it's not everyone striving to be popular because really, the nerds have so much fun :) Great choice!

Alyssa said...

Hmm, I have seen this book around. The cover and title both aren't doing much for me, so I will probably not read it, but I hop you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it! :D

Here is my WoW pick!

Christina / Book Addict said...

This one is definitely on my TBR list and I love the cover. It definitely sounds like a fun read. Great pick and thanks for visiting my WoW!

Unknown said...

This sounds interesting... a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body. Unlikely, but the book is worth a try.

I'm a new follower, btw. :)
Here is my WoW

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

Great pick. This sounds like a really cute contemporary that I would enjoy reading. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.
My WoW

Giselle said...

Oh cool pick I hadn't heard of this one before it looks right up my alley!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This sounds like such a fun book to read this summer! And I am really liking this bookcover too! Adding it to my list! Thanks :)

Sharon (A Book Barbie) said...

Theatre geeks unite! *high five*

I obviously agree with this pick. :D It just sounds so fabulous!

Unknown said...

Yes! I can't wait to read this one. I love the cover and love Entangled!

Blythe Harris said...

Oh, I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds really fun and cute! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Nina said...

I adore books with drama in it! And this book sounds awesome. :) Loving the cover, it's fun.

gracelo said...

Ooh, cool book. Usually books are like "The Summer I Became Cool" instead of the other way around. I've never heard of it before, but I'm pretty excited to read it! I myself actually didn't have a Summer I Became A Nerd experience, but was more of Summer I Became Way-Less-Socially-Awkward. c: