Wednesday, May 15, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday: Ink]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

"Ink"
Author: Amanda Sun
Release Date: June 25th, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

 I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.


On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.
-Goodreads 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one sounds so mysterious!  I also think that it sounds awesome and the setting isn't something that I've read a lot of.  Plus, I like watching people thrive out of their element.  I don't know, it just sounds like a really good one!

What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!

9 comments:

Jasprit said...

Yes I agree Ink certainly sounds different to a lot of the book I've seen out there, also the cover is so pretty! I'm glad you don't have to wait to long to get your hands on a copy. Great pick Christianna! :)

Ashley said...

I can't wait for this one! I have been reading some mixed reviews so hopefully we both enjoy :)

My WOW

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Amy said...

I almost got this one for review, but since I have been seeing a lot of mixed reviews on it I decided against it. I hope that you enjoy it though.

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing.
My WoW

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I'm excited for this one, too. I love the setting and pictures that move sounds awesome. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!
-Natalie @Natflix&Books

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

I need to start reading this one before it expires :) Nice pick!

Thanks for stopping by!

http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-47.html

Unknown said...

I seen this one around a lot lately. It sounds interesting.

Here’s My WoW!

Michelle :)
Author, PODs available June 4th
Milayna available March 11, 2014
The Infected, a PODs novel available November 2014

Val said...

Great choice! This one does look good.

http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-18.html

Valerie
StuckInBooks.com

Rachel said...

I've seen this all over and I've heard some good things about it. I'll have to check it out!

Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf