Pages

▼

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday #6: Burning]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...

 "Burning"
Author: Elana K. Arnold
Release Date: June 11th, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

Ben: Having just graduated from high school, Ben is set to leave Gypsum, Nevada. It's good timing since the gypsum mine that is the lifeblood of the area is closing, shutting the whole town down with it. Ben is lucky: he's headed to San Diego, where he's got a track scholarship at the University of California. But his best friends, Pete and Hog Boy, don't have college to look forward to, so to make them happy, Ben goes with them to check out the hot chick parked on the side of Highway 447. 

Lala: She and her Gypsy family earn money by telling fortunes. Some customers choose Tarot cards; others have their palms read. The thousands of people attending the nearby Burning Man festival spend lots of cash--especially as Lala gives uncanny readings. But lately Lala's been questioning whether there might be more to life than her upcoming arranged marriage. And the day she reads Ben's cards is the day that everything changes for her. . . and for him.
-Goodreads 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything about this book sounds cool!  And not many YA titles handle gypsies, much less modern gypsies!  And The Burning Man Fest.  I mean there are bound to be crazy and amazing things happening in this novel!


What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!

23 comments:

  1. This book sounds intriguing and I like the book cover! I I wonder what Lala sees in Ben's future! Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks hot!

    My Wow:

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/waitin-on-wednesday.html#links

    Giveaway! Win Warner T-Shirts and a signed copy of Unravel Me

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/signed-booksgiveaway300-followers.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this book sounds great! I love books that incorporate gypsies and tarot/arcana. Added it to my TBR pile!
    New Follower :)
    Check out my WoW

    Krista @ Breathe In BooKs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right not many YA books handle gypsies so this is an interesting pick :)

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsies aren't something I find to often, and I love the sounds of this one. Nice pick.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely an interesting choice. These meme's always have a destructive path to my ever growing mountain of TBR books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to reading this one as well. It's on my spring TBR list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm...sounds like a great book to read in the summer. Love the gypsy/burning man aspect too. Great pick!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already have the book on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I really like the sound of it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never heard of this book until now. It definitely is intriguing. I will have to add it to my TBR pile. I have to admit I have yet to read anything about gypsies. They remind me of Italy, I had an interesting run in with on.

    My WoW

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gypsies?! Count me in! I love the cover too, so bright and at the same time mysterious. Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, this book sounds awesome. I love that one of the characters is a gypsy, very original! Great choice!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover and description. good pick!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the original twist to this story! New follower.

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks fabulous. WHAT a goregous cover!
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one does sound good. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh good pick! I love the inclusion of gypsies and the festival. I always see this cover but hadn't actually read the blurb until now, I'll have to add this to the ever growing TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes, this sounds very good. Fortune tellin! And escaping a boring life -- I want. Thanks for sharing! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pick! I have this on my tbr. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Never read a book with this topic! Might have to add to my TBR! Sounds like a nice change :). Thanks for sharing.

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  21. What interests me about this one is that it seems so different. I don't think I've ever read about gypsies before!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These countenance you to see what is usable web based casino land site which employs procure hosts so that you volition be Liberate from problems that are Normally brought by untrustworthy cyberspace sites. [url=http://www.onlinecasinotaste.co.uk/]online casino[/url] online casino games get-go, the public pays by providing Receive to find out the rules of the biz ahead starting. http://www.onlinecasinotaste.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say!